Tuesday, May 2, 2006
- Be honest
- Don’t deceive, cheat or steal.
- Be reliable – do what you say you’ll do.
- Have the courage to do the right thing.
- Build a good reputation.
- Be loyal – stand by your family, friends and country.
- Treat others with respect; follow the Golden Rule.
- Be tolerant of differences.
- Use good manners, not bad language.
- Be considerate of the feelings of others.
- Don’t threaten, hit or hurt anyone.
- Deal peacefully with anger, insults and disagreements.
- Do what you are supposed to do.
- Persevere: keep on trying!
- Always do your best.
- Use self-control: be self-disciplined.
- Think before you act – consider the consequences.
- Be accountable for your choices.
- Play by the rules.
- Take turns and share.
- Be open-minded; listen to others.
- Don’t take advantage of others.
- Don’t blame others carelessly.
- Be kind.
- Be compassionate and show you care.
- Express gratitude.
- Forgive others.
- Help people in need.
- Do your share to make your school and community better.
- Stay informed; vote.
- Be a good neighbor
- Obey laws and rules.
- Respect authority.
- Protect the environment.
(adapted from the Six Pillars of Character / CHARACTER COUNTS!)